Our research fields – your applications
The research carried out at the IIB is centred around technology-intensive areas of the medical device sector, involving the development of new therapies and diagnostic platforms, such as testing equipment for medical products. Particular emphasis is placed on the following fields: stent technology | electrostimulation electrodes | ocular implants | bioresorbable materials | biofunctionalized implant surface coatings and drug delivery systems | implant surface coverings. Our expertise in the resolution of biomedical issues ranges from the analysis and modification of materials, through assessing their biocompatibility, functionality and stability, all the way up to and including adaptation of designs to the materials they are made of.
Our research activities
EU-Funded Research Projects
The IIB e.V. is funded within different collaborative projects by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the European Social Fund (ESF) within the context of the Operational Programm Mecklenburg-Vorpommern 2014-2020.
Enlargement of laboratory and device configuration/instrumentation of
IIB e.V. as Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Center of Excellence for Medical Engineering
The funding will support the development of business-related infrastructure to strengthen the competitiveness of enterprises and support the development of regional economy aims. The funded project serves the purpose of promoting research and knowledge dissemination as well as the generation of knew knowlegde.
- Scanning electron microscope for the examination of biological tissue under native, moist environmental conditions
- Computer technology for numerical structural and fluid dynamic simulations
- High-speed camera technology for pulse duplicator System for analyzing the opening and closing behavior of heart valve prostheses
- 3D printers for the production of implant and application prototypes, freeform components and tools for the production of vascular models
- Universal testing machine for static material and component testing
- Pulse duplicator system for hydrodynamic characterization of heart valve prostheses
- Heart valve fatigue tester for fatigue testing of heart valve prostheses
- Optical materialography microscope for microstructure analysis of biomaterials and implants
Card-ii-Omics Cardiovascular Implantdevelopment-Infections-Proteomics: Prevention, Diagnosis and Therapy of Implantinfection
TheraVista New Therapyplattforms for Vascular Intervention - Systems, Technologies, Applications and Testing Methods
TheraMagna Development of a Novel Absorbalbe Coronary Vascular Scaffold
MediStream Biocompatible Modular Fluidic Systems for Handling of Sensible Materials for Biomedical Applications
NovaCard Development of Innovative Xenogen Pericardmaterials for a New Generation of Heart Valve Prostheses
NanoVis Magnetic Nanoparticles for Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI)